WHAT TO EXPECT:
...expect to turn onto Autumn Run Dr. before you turn into the church driveway. The big church sign is at the corner of Wooster Pike & Auntumn Run - just a couple hundred yards and you'll be at the drive.
...expect to find a spot near the main doors. There's a convenient, covered drop-off area - that's the best place to go in.
When you come in the doors...
...expect to be greeted warmly! You'll receive a program at the auditorium doors with the morning schedule and announcements about upcoming events and ministry opportunities. There's also an outline on the back to take notes during the Pastor's message.
If you have kids...
...younger than 2, you can take them to the Church Nursery. Just look for the check-in counter where you'll sign in and give the trained workers your diaper bag, etc.
...Age 2 - Kindergarten, your kids will go to the PreSchool room, located to the let of the sanctuary doors.
...elementary-aged kids will sit with you during the first part of the service, then are invited to "EPIC Kids," a fun learning environment just for them!
During the Service...
...we'll worship God through singing, praying, and reading Scripture. There will be a time to give an offering, but don't feel obligated - you're a guest! The Pastor will share a relevant message, explaining Truth for your life from the Bible. The whole thing usually goes until about 11:45am.
What do I wear?
- Come comfortable! You will literally see some people kinda dressed up, and others in jeans or shorts. The Pastor won't even be that dressed up - probably in jeans.
- There's not a lot of 'ritual' in the service, and you are invited to express yourself in worship.
- Our worship band has a rock feel, and is primarily guitar-driven. Most of the songs that are sung are contemporary expressions of worship, love, and gratitude to God. There may be some traditional hymns of the Church on occasion, but mostly songs will be modern (like from Hillsong, Passion, Phil Wickham, Matt Redmon, Chris Tomlin, Elevation Worship...stuff like that).
- Technology is used during worship, including video projection for worship songs, DVDs, video clips, and slide that correspond to the Pastor's message.
What is "The Church of the Nazarene?"
- The Church of the Nazarene is a denomination with over 2.4 million members worldwide. With roots in the Wesleyan and Methodist traditions, the Church of the Nazarene was founded over 100 years ago.
Visit the denominational website...
What Does the Church of the Nazarene Believe?